It's the end of the year, so wrap up the school year with one final structured writing activity before sending them out your door to the next grade level! This resource provides materials for students to create an End of the Year Lapbook
, which serves as an all-in-one memory book, keepsake, and writing sample.
Designed with third through fifth graders in mind, this lapbook pack includes materials for students to use while recalling and writing about their school year, as well as materials for the presentation of their final writing piece, in an End of Year Memories Lapbook.
To complete this project, students:
• recall the highlights of their school year,
• use a graphic organizer as a prewriting tool to organize their thinking,
• write narrative text in five paragraphs, including an introduction paragraph, three body paragraphs, and a concluding paragraph, and
• create an End of the Year Lapbook as their final product, showcasing their memories, highlights of the year, as well as their final written piece.
This could easily be adapted for use in lower grades, or with less able writers, where the expectation is a single paragraph.
Their graphic organizers AND their final writing piece are creatively presented in a lapbook, with several options for assembly. Photos and clear directions are included.
If you’re one of the hundreds who made the BIOGRAPHY LAPBOOK
a best-selling item, you’ll love this one, too!
Popular Lapbook Resources for Structured Writing:
STATE REPORTS Lapbook
HUMAN BODY Lapbook
ALL ABOUT ME Lapbook
END OF THE YEAR Lapbook
• simple, clear directions for lapbook assembly
• photos of sample finished product
• templates for all cutouts and foldables:
- Cover pages: title, drawing, school information
- Foldable with flaps: My Favorite Memory, The Most Important Thing I Learned, Thoughts About Next Year
- Foldable with flaps: These Are A Few of My Favorite Things
- Cutout: About the Author
- Cutout: What I'll Miss About ___ Grade
- Cutout: I Couldn't Believe It When I Learned This!
- Cutout: Advice for Incoming Students
- Cutout: The Funniest Moment From This Year
- Cutout: Illustration
- Cutout: Autographs
• graphic organizer for 5-paragraph writing with prompts for each paragraph, tailored for an end-of-year writing piece
• lined pages with title for finished writing piece
You may also be interested in these Grade 3 CCSS-aligned math products:
Fractions Print & Go Pack: The Grade 3 BUNDLE
Multiplication Print & Go Pack
Christmas Math: Grade 3 Pack
Merry, Merry Multiplication
Thanksgiving Math: Grade 3 Pack
Geometry Game: "I Have...Who Has...?"
Beat the Clock: Math Fact Practice Bundle
To earn TPT credits to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. You can check your credit balance in your TpT Credit Balance
page. Every 100 Credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases in my store, or any TpT store. I value and appreciate your feedback!
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts, and freebies:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
You’ll receive customized email updates about this store, and be the first to know when new products are added.