Be sure and check the PREVIEW for LOTS of pictures!
My students LOVE Laura Numeroff’s books. Especially “If You Take A Mouse To School” and “If You Give A Mouse A Cookie”. With those stories in mind, I designed the “Nice Mice Advice” packet.
It will help you check off some “To Do” activities for next year, with the help of this year’s kiddos!
If your students are like mine, they will absolutely LOVE this activity. (They are now experts on "all things that grade" and so enjoy giving advice!
The packet is loaded with fun end-of the-year activities that will keep your students happily engaged, while helping you make some special things for the fall.
To help you celebrate, and as a little "Thank You!" for all you've accomplished, I'm knocking a dollar off.
There are 4 class-made “Advice” booklets for you to choose from.
Pick one and have your students write advice to the in-coming children. Collect & collate.
This year’s kiddos can share their page when you read the book aloud, then tuck it away to share with your new class in the fall.
Since a lot of advice has to do with following the rules, this is an interesting and fun way to present them. Check another thing off.
Do you give your students a little treat on the first day? Cross that off your list too because I’ve included several “treats” they can make as well. There is an assortment of bookmarks and a lollipop-nosed mouse: (“A sweet treat for someone they’d like to meet.”)
The mouse, writing-prompt craftivity, makes an adorable back-to-school bulletin board, so check that off your list too.
Here’s what’s included in the packet:
* An “ADVICE” definition poster to start off the lesson with.
* 25 “Advice Rules!” pocket chart cards.
* An “If you give a kid some advice they should take it!” poster.
* A “Hip Hip Hooray! We’ll follow the good advice each day” poster contract.
* A “Tips and Tidbits” poster. Review what students have learned and jot down the highlights.
* 2 “If you take a mouse to school he’ll want to give you some advice!” posters.
* A “Nice Advice” cookie-themed class-made advice booklet, with completed sample.
* A “Nice Mice Advice Welcome to School” mini flip booklet that each student can make for an in-coming child.
* A lollipop mouse craft.
* A “Mice Advice” writing-prompt craft.
* 2 more “Mice Advice” class-made book options.
* A mouse, reading pointer bookmark craft.
* A “peek over” mouse bookmark craft.
* 2 bookmark options for this year’s kiddos. (Color & Black and White)
* A bookmark they can color for next year’s students.
* A welcome card that they all sign.
* Directions and photographs.
I'm Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you a stress-free end of the year, filled with the excitement and promise of fall.