Use these 5 Different End of Year / Summer Themed Game Boards to practice the first 100 Dolch sight vocabulary words.
★ I have included 6 summer spinners, 8 optional summer themed recording sheets, and 4 summer sight word awards. Some of the spinners have higher numbers to make the game go faster. Some have lower numbers to make the game last longer. You could also use dice.
★ There is a second set of summer sight word games sold separately with the last 120 Dolch words.
To use these end of year activities, each student will need a game piece or a button to use on the game board. Students spin a spinner or roll a die to see how many spaces they advance on the end of year game board. If the student can read the word on the space (and use it in a sentence if you choose), the student can stay on that space.
★ Recording Sheets: I have provided 8 end of year optional recording sheets if you would like to require students to write each word they read.
★ Sight Words Awards: I have also provided 4 end of year optional awards certificates.
Please click on any of the GREEN LINKS below to see more End of the Year Learning Centers and Activities! Thank you…
This bundle contains:
**End of the Year Poems and Songs
**End of the Year Emergent Readers (2 Reading Levels)
**End of the Year Memory Book (one page + cover collabortive template)
**End of the Year Awards (7 Different Awards Read to Edit)
**End of the Year Poem Template
End of Year Volunteer Poem
- 4 Versions - Color and Black & White With and Without Illustrations in case you’d like to create your own illustrations.
Easy End of the Year Memory Class Yearbook -
This simple one page template and cover will make an easy-to-create yearbook for your students to take home to remember their school year and their friends with a copy of everyone's page in their class. One copy with dotted baselines and one with simple lines. Small clipart reminds younger learners what sentences say. MS Word document ready for you to type your name on the cover. You could even change the sentences.
End of the Year Original Student Poem Template!
- Students can summarize their school memories by writing an original poem using this foolproof graphic organizer for a non-rhyming poem that's sure to please at the end of the year.
End of the Year Awards – 7 Awards Ready to Edit -
Newly revised with new clip art! Margins on this document are all .4". Recognize your students’ achievements with these “ready to edit” awards. Create your own category
End of the Year Songs and Poems – For Shared Reading and Fluency
-18 page file - All Illustrated with End of the Year/Summer themed graphics - 2 Versions of each poem: color and black and white for students to color. Songs and Poems sung to popular children’s songs. Just choose those you like, and print just those pages. Sing to familiar tunes, or chant. Use some or all year after year.
End of Year Emergent Readers
– 8 Versions - 18 Page Download - 2 Reading Levels, Color & BW, with and without clipart - Easy Assembly - This mini book about Our School Year will be a perfect addition for guided reading during the month of June.
End of the Year Assessment Growth Evidence -
Do you need to show growth in a particular area for your students? If so, then this excel file is ready to enter your students' names and their Baseline Assessment and Final Assessment. The file will automatically calculate the percentage of growth for each student. It will also give you the average score of your baseline assessment, the average score of your final assessment, and the average percentage of growth. You can edit the categories and/or change the colors to make it appropriate for your particular classroom.
Summer Build A Word Wheels – Set 1
– Different Ways To Use & Record – 63 Different Combinations of Wheels, so you can make 63 Word Builder Wheels with this set! - Includes 4 Word Builder Awards & 8 Recording Sheets –
Great for Differentiating Word Building Practice with your students -
7 inner wheels and 9 outer wheels
End of the Year or Summer Themed Sight Words Literacy Centers Game Board Activities – SET TWO
- 5 different summer themed game boards for the LAST 120 sight vocabulary words. I have included 6 spinners.
End of the Year Math Centers or Summer Math Centers Counting and
Skip Counting Activities…
38 Page Download - Themes: Birdie’s Beach Party, Summer Seashells, Summer Kids, Beach, and Summer Flip Flops. Introduction to or review of counting and skip counting by ones, twos, fives and tens to 100.
End of the Year or Summer Literacy Centers: Sight Words – Level 1
- If you have a school website, you can make this available to families for summer practice. Lots of other activities if you do a search for Summer on TPT. Summer Sight Word Activities -SET One - 10 Separate Games -3 Ways to Play-52 page download - First 100 Dolch Words. (See set 2 in my other product listings for the last 120 Dolch Words.)
End of the Year OR Summer Literacy Centers: Summer Sight Word Activities -SET Two
- 10 Separate Games -3 Ways to Play - 52 page download - Last 120 Dolch Words. (See set 1 in my other product listings for the first 100 Dolch Words.)
Click on any of the GREEN LINKS below to see more Summer Learning Centers!
FREEBIE!! Literacy Center Activities – Summer ABC & 123–
Sequencing and Matching Upper &
Lower Case Letters – Counting to 20
20 Page Download - 4 Ways to Play!
Summer Emergent Readers Books -
- 3 Separate Books - Emergent Readers - Color, but prints nicely in grayscale -
3 versions of each book-Easy Assembly - 8 Pages Per Book
20 Page Download
Summer Beach Poems/Songs –
- Summer -15 page file – Great to send home for summer practice or use for Summer School - 7 poems/songs - 2 versions of each, color and black and white for students to color. Sing to familiar tunes.
Literacy Center Activities – Summer Swimming! Word Building – DIBELS-Level 1
29 Page Download - 3 Ways to Play!
Summer Literacy Centers: Pool Party! Onsets & Rimes –
Word Building – Level 2 –
More Complex Words – 60 Onsets and 60 Rimes (chunks).
40 Page Download - 3 Ways to Play - Swimmers with 60 onsets (consonants, consonant digraphs and 2 and 3 letter blends) match up to 60 swimming pools with more complex rimes (i.e. -est, -ill, –aid, -ore, -ide, -ight, -ound, etc.). You can use this set in conjunction with my first set that focuses on c-v-c words to make the first set harder gradually and then progress to just this set.
Optional recording sheets for students to write the words they form are included.
Optional award certificates are included as well.
Summer Welcome Letter
- This letter can be sent late in the summer to welcome your students to your classroom. It has graphics and text that can be altered, edited and re-sized to make it your own.
Summer Counting and Skip Counting Activities…3
8 Page Download -
Themes: Summer Beach Party, Summer Seashells, Summer Kids, Beach, and Summer Flip Flops.
Introduction to or review of counting and skip counting by ones, twos, fives and tens to 100.
End of the Year or Summer Sight Word Activities - SET One –
- 10 Sets – 5 Ways to Play: Memory/Concentration, Roll & Read, Follow the Path, “Rainy Day Dare!”, Rainy Day Card Game. 58 page download - First 100 Dolch Words. (See set 2 in my other product listings for the last 120 Dolch Words.)
End of the Year or Summer Literacy Centers: Sight Word Activities - SET TWO
- – 10 Sets – Memory and “Rainy Day” Card Game!
5 Ways to Play - 59 page download – Last 120 Dolch Words. (See set 1 in my other product listings for
the first 100 Dolch Words with different graphics and font size to differentiate from set 2.)
Summer Literacy Centers: Sight Word Soccer- Set 1 -
3 Ways to Play -
29 Pages - First 96 Dolch Words on soccer balls. Prints nicely in black and white as well. Includes 2 sizes of soccer field (8 x 11 and 12 x 18 and 2 sizes of yardage dice., as well as a yardage spinner.
Summer Literacy Centers: Sight Word Soccer- Set 2
3 Ways to Play
35 Pages – Last 124 Dolch Sight Words on soccer balls. Prints nicely in black and white as well. Includes 2 sizes of soccer fields
(8 x 11 and 12 x 18 and 2 sizes of yardage dice and a yardage spinner.
Summer Literacy Center Activities – Play Soccer! – Onset Rime DIBELS – Level 1
31 Page Download - 3 Ways to Play - 24 Onset Soccer balls with onsets (beginning sounds and digraphs) match up to soccer nets with 30 different rimes (i.e. –at, -ip, -et). Optional recording sheets for students to write the cvc onset rime words they form. Play as a simple pick a soccer ball and match it to a soccer net with a rime that forms a word. OR play “Real or Nonsense?”
Summer Literacy Centers: Soccer Onset Rime Activities – Level 2
Onset Rime – Match each Soccer Ball to a Soccer net to make a word…
Real or Nonsense? 60 onsets and 84 rimes-
Prints nicely in color or grayscale.
34 Page Download - 3 Ways to Play - 60 Soccer balls with onsets (beginning sounds, digraphs, blends and trigraphs) match up to a variety of soccer nets with more complex rimes than in set 1 (–ear, -ight, -ain, -eat, -end, etc.).
Summer Literacy Centers Sight Words Literacy Centers Game Board Activities –
5 Different Game Boards – Set 1
5 different summer themed game boards for the first 100 Dolch sight vocabulary words. I have included 6 spinners, 8 optional recording sheets, and 4 optional sight word awards.
Summer Literacy Centers Sight Words Literacy Centers Game Board Activities – 5 Different Game Boards – Set 2
5 different summer themed game boards for the LAST 120 sight vocabulary words. I have included 6 spinners.
Visit my store here:
Visit my Pinterest Board here to see product close-ups:
Visit my Blog: Learning Activities for Kids here:
Visit my Facebook Page here:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
Thank you for stopping by!
Linda Post: The Teacher’s Post
•Copyright ©Linda Post: The Teacher’s Post
• All rights reserved by author. This product is for your classroom or personal use. You may reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues provided there is both credit given to me as the author and a link back to my TPT store is included in your post or presentation. You may not claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove the copyright or watermarks. You may not sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale
•Clipart and elements found in this file are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip art and font credits. Thank you…
•Copyright ©Linda Post: The Teacher’s Post