Celebrate the end of the school year with this interactive craft and writing activity and/or bulletin board activity!
Students will write their wishes for summer OR their favorite memories from the school year on the back of a bug. Then, they can tape or glue the bug onto a jar.
Other ways to use this:
- You can do this as an individual activity by giving students their own jars and letting them "fill" their jar with their wishes for summer or favorite school memories. Have them color, cut, and write their wish on the back of their insect.
- You can make this as a whole class bulletin board by printing out the large poster and having students decorate their own bugs. Then, let each student tape their bug on the jar to "capture" their wish for summer.
- Variety of bugs, butterflies, and beetles
- 2 styles of jars with 2 tags: "_____'s Summer Wishes" and "My Summer Memories"
- Large Poster-sized (18X24) jars both colorized and black and white for collaborative bulletin board.