Also included in
- This bundle includes 6 End of the Year Reading, Writing, Language, and No Prep resources. The 6 Resources included are:No Prep End of the Year Reading and Writing PacketEnd of the Year Writing Fun: Leave a Note for the New KidEnd of the Year Writing Project: Create a Time CapsuleEnd of the Year Rea$18.00$23.00Save $5.00
Save 20% on all my End of Year Resources by purchasing the bundle. Click on the link below:
This is a creative writing activity where students express what is important to them. Kids LOVE writing about themselves.
- This unit is double fun because not only are they writing about themselves, they will get to read about themselves when you mail them their writing in the future! This project is super fun the last few weeks of school but could be taught any time during the year.
- The purpose of this writing project is for students to create a time capsule of what is important to them at this point in their lives. Students will spend several days prewriting and reflecting on what matters most to them. They will then take their ideas through the writing process.
- Once students complete their final copy, they will address an envelope to themselves for you to mail sometime in the future. I like to mail their writing exactly one year later. But, you could choose to mail their work at any time.
- This is so fun because students get to be their own audience. They love writing about what is important to them. They will surely have fun reading about what they wrote in the future!!
- Google Classroom digital version.
- 11 Mini-lesson statements and descriptions for each lesson.
- Common Core State Standards attached to each lesson.
- 6 Prewriting graphic organizing worksheets to help students organize their thinking. Each graphic organizer is available in color and black & white.
- Lined writing paper with time capsule themed borders for first drafts and final copies in color and black and white.
- Teacher record-keeping/observation form for taking notes during the writing conferences.
- Revising checklist for self-revising, peer-revising, and teacher-revising.
- Editing checklist for self-editing, peer-editing, and teacher-editing.
- A grading rubric based on the minilesson writing strategies taught. The points/grade are left blank on the rubric for you to fill in your own grading scale.
Download the FREE preview to see many of the graphic organizers that are included!
Click here to see a great end of the year reading review resource!!
Copyright © 2013 Jen Bengel
Revised © 2020 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
You can find this resource inside the membership by CLICKING HERE
Interested in becoming a member? LEARN MORE HERE