Looking for a hands-on and fun end-of-the-year activity?
Well, look no further! This end of the year
lesson will not only help students practice the critical skill of reflecting, they’ll also create an interactive accordion book to showcase their thoughts and ideas. As you know, reflection gives students an opportunity to examine and interpret their experiences. In addition, through reflection, students can gain new understanding. In this lesson students will reflect on their school year. They’ll consider highlights, challenges, topics they studied, favorites, and even future dreams. Then, they’ll create an accordion book. Designed to be fun and interactive, the accordion book is a perfect school year take-away as well as conversation piece between peers. End the school year with a bit of reflection and a whole bunch of fun!
• A detailed two-step lesson plan
• Step-by-step book assembly guide (with pictures)
• “School Year in Review” brainstorm worksheet
• “My Year” brainstorm worksheet
• Front and Back Cover for the accordion book
• Book Pages – Set 1
• Book Pages – Set 2
You may also like…
• Persuasive Writing Unit -
- End of Year Writing Unit where students write persuasive advertisements for roller coasters
• Summer Reading Project
- Students read any book and create a two-page newspaper
• Listening Comprehension Unit
- Based on a nonfiction passage about Malala Yousafzai
• Figurative Language Unit
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction