Why not throw an “end of the year awards” ceremony before saying goodbye to all your students? They will discuss their talents and character traits before proceeding to a vote. There is no better way to finish the school year!
This activity is always a great success. It’s engaging and fun but also an excellent way to work on adjectives and the use of superlatives.
Here is how you can proceed:
- Brainstorming. Students have to find adjectives that can be used to describe someone’s personality or character. You can suggest some that are included in the resource (and use the corresponding labels) or add in the editable powerpoint file the ones your students proposed.
- let them debate and have a general idea of who’s who in the class: who is the funniest, who is the most creative, who is the most generous, etc… You can just say the adjective and they’ll have to come up with a question and an answer.
- have your awards ready and let them vote by show of hands. Give the awards if you have prefilled them or ask the student who has the most beautiful handwriting to complete them.
Remember: it's that each student has one award at the end.
This resource now includes distance learning awards : there are 8 awards congratulating or thanking your students for their involvement during lockdown or distance learning generally speaking.
- 49 awards
- 20 blank awards
- an editable powerpoint : just add your students' names, their talents and print your custom made awards.
- a black and white version
- 49 labels with character trait adjectives. These labels will help your students if they don’t know which adjective they can pick. Also, when using superlative forms, ESL students sometimes need to see the written form of the adjective to decide whether it is a long or short adjective.
- 8 distance learning awards
- an editable powerpoint of these 8 distance learning awards
My students were so proud to have their own end of the year award and I'm pretty sure your students will be proud too !!!
Read more about this resource and other end of the year ideas on my blog (in French): 6 activités pour occuper intelligemment la fin de l’année scolaire
Just click on the Follow Me green star ✩ next to my store’s name. Every new product is 50% off for 24 hours. You don't want to miss this !
This product is for your personal and your classroom use only.
It is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying or distributing for more than one teacher is strictly prohibited. Please read TOU included in the file.