I love putzing with a play-on-words to create cute writing prompts that students will enjoy. “Taco ‘bout” is one of them. Lots of options make it easy to diversify for beginning or end of the year fun.
- “Students loved these!”
- “This was such an adorable writing craft to wrap up second grade with my kiddos.”
- “Awesome resource!” “So cute! My kids loved it.”
- “We did this on a Tuesday for 'Taco-bout it Tuesday'. So fun!”
For that finishing-fun touch, run some green paper through a shredder to make the “lettuce”.
You get lots of “bang for your buck” with this packet because I’ve included writing prompts for back to school, as well as the end of the year, some of which can also be used whenever you want. (Also works for Bucket Filling & Cinco de Mayo)
- 4 black and white writing prompt bookmarks
- 2 full-color bookmarks from the teacher
- 3 “Taco ‘bout fun!” writing prompt worksheets
- 5 different writing prompt taco templates, including one where students work in a group and write a compliment strip (taco filling) for everyone in their group. These make great “bucket filler” activities that help build community and self-esteem.
- 8x10 letter templates to spell out “Taco Talk” for your snazzy bulletin board display
- An 8x10 Taco Talk poster
- An 8x10 poster that says “Ola” to welcome your students with a friendly hello in Spanish.
- As always, directions, samples & photographs
Be sure & check the 11-page PREVIEW for lots of pictures to see if this is a good fit for your students, as I chose "not grade specific" because the variety of options make it easy to diversify your lessons.
- "I got so many compliments from this cute board. Perfect for Cinco De Mayo Day, or any time you need a quick change. Mine was "Let's taco bout what we're learning…”
- "I absolutely love this activity. I use it as a beginning of year project. Students choose another classmate and "Taco" about how great their friend is. It is amazing to boost morale in your classroom and create friendships!"
- "Cute and was a fun way to wrap up the end of the year with compliments."
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you and yours, have an “el terrifico time!”
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click the LINK to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.