As the year comes to an end, I want my kids to leave having fun, but still doing something worthwhile. I made this book report for my kids to complete over a two-week time period.
Listed in the packet are directions, along with all of the materials needed to complete the review. 100% ready to print. Below are the student directions listed on the first page:
1. Find a book. Be sure you are interested in the topic!
2. Start reading this book. Every chapter you read, you will write a summary (see attached).
3. Once finished, fill out the book log form.
4. Draw a picture of your favorite/most memorable part of the book.
5. Write a Barnes and Noble or Amazon review for the book.
This can be used at any elementary grade level, but I teach 4th grade and my kids do a solid job. I also make my kids pick a fictional chapter book, but any book would work with this project.
On the last day that we have computer as our special, I have the kids write their Amazon or Barnes and Noble review on the book seller's Web Site. The kids have a blast doing this and it's definitely more meaningful than simply writing this on a piece of paper.
Have a great summer "break!"