End of the Year Escape Room Breakout Activity Kindergarten - First Grade
Also included in
- This money-saving bundle has fun, easy-to-set-up (no props needed) escape rooms that will keep your students engaged and learning throughout the school year! They are a great way to practice and review skills while working together as a team!Each escape room has an attention-grabbing story (problem)Price $27.20Original Price $34.00Save $6.80
Oh no! Can your kindergarten - first grade students use their literacy, math, and problem-solving skills to solve the clues to this escape room in time to save the animals' end of the year graduation ceremony?
This fun, easy to set up (no props needed) escape room will keep your students engaged and learning at the end of the school year when it can be hard to keep their attention! They will love finding and figuring out the clues and lock combinations that will help open the school so the animals can receive their diplomas! It is a great way to practice and review skills while working together as a team!
I have also included a bonus activity. After students have solved all the clues and opened the locks, they can use inferencing and deductive reasoning skills to help Detective Danny Dog eliminate suspects from the Pesky Dog Pack and figure out which one tried to stop the graduation ceremony.
If you have never done an escape room with your students before, no worries! You will receive:
- Teacher instructions for preparing (no props needed - large envelopes are optional, just print & go), setting up, and conducting the escape room
- Table of Contents
- Whole-Class & Small Group Instructions
- Story Cards & Written Narrations for Each (color, black/white, & optional Google Slides versions) - sets the stage for the escape room and gets students "hooked". Print out the story cards & written narrations OR use the ink-saving digital Google Slides version (show the story slides & read the narrations from the notes section).
- Printable Clues and Answer Sheets - puzzles, mazes, and activities that review skills
- Instructions for Each Clue
- Printable Answer Keys
- Bonus Activity: Pesky Dog Pack Suspects - students will use inferencing and deductive reasoning skills to eliminate suspects until only one remains
- Reward Certificates (color and black/white) - special "Top Dog Detective & Problem-Solver" certificates "signed by Detective Danny Dog"
**Please view the preview file to see pictures of all that is included. **
The following skills are covered in this escape room:
- Sentences (sentence scramble)
- Place Value
- Beginning Digraphs (sh, th, ch, wh)
- Addition and Subtraction to 5
- Writing Numbers to 20
- Counting, One to one correspondence
- Word Families (-og, -at, -en, -in)
- Counting On
- Directional Coding - using arrows to show a path on a grid (see preview file)
- Deductive Reasoning
- Logical Thinking
- Cooperation and Teamwork
- Listening Skills
Why use an escape room in your classroom?
- They are engaging and fun for students.
- They promote working together as a team.
- Students use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve riddles and puzzles.
- They are challenging and get students to think.
- They are hands-on.
- Students use their imaginations.
- Students work together to solve the problem.
- Students can showcase their unique skills.
You may also like:
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• CLICK HERE to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.