Make math FUN with these 1st grade Summer themed math riddles and jokes!! Perfect for the END OF THE YEAR when your kids are excited for SUMMER vacation. This packet was designed for 1st grade but can also be used as remediation or enrichment for Kindergarten or 2nd grade classrooms as well. It is also COMMON CORE ALIGNED! There are a total of 16 riddles/jokes in this pack. Answer keys are also included!!
Students are presented with a joke/riddle and must solve the math problems in order to learn the answers. For example:
Q: What's the best day to go to the beach?
Q: Everyone has it and no one can lose it... What is it?
A: a shadow
These sheets are great for practicing math skills and demonstrating mastery. Perfect for the end of the year! Your students are sure to love them!!
The following skills are covered in this packet:
(1) Addition to 20
(1) Subtraction to 20
(2) Mixed Addition & Subtraction to 20
(1) Ten More, Ten Less
(1) Two Digit Addition (no regrouping)
(1) Two Digit Subtraction (no regrouping)
(1) Two Digit Addition & Subtraction (no regrouping)
(3) Counting to 120 (students fill in the missing numbers)
(2) Greater Than, Less Than (with two digit numbers)
(1) Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour
(2) Missing Part (example 5 + __ =8)
16 JOKES & RIDDLES IN ALL!!!
Try some math riddles for FREE here:
Earth Day Math Riddles FREEBIE
Be sure to check out my other Math Riddles below:
Valentine's Day Math Riddles
St. Patrick's Day Math Riddles
Spring Themed Math Riddles
2nd Grade Math Riddles