** UPDATED 4/16/15 to Include a Black-and-White Version **
This open-ended memory book provides a lasting treasure for children as they record many fun facts and stories from their year. Each page in this 15-page book includes templates for children to draw and write about their personal memories and, although "memoir" isn't a common genre in primary classrooms, it's so similar to personal narratives you'll feel good that they're doing something meaningful even up to the last day of school.
Examples of Memory Pages:
• "My School" . . . "My Teacher"
• "Yay for Me!" (Writing about a proud moment or accomplishment)
• "Wow! I Learned a Lot!" (Reflections on math, science, reading, etc.)
• "Ha! Ha! Ha!" (Remembering a funny time)
• "Time for Lunch" (Favorite lunches / foods)
• "P.E. Fun" (Writing about P.E.)
• "A Fabulous Field Trip" (Recalling a class trip)
• "Forever Friends" (Writing about friends)
• "My Number Ones" (Listing favorite items in different categories)
• "Super Seven Summer Goals" (Writing about summer plans)
• "Top Tips" (Tips for children entering this grade level next year)
• "A Terrific Teacher" (Writing about the teacher)
• "Autographs" (2 pages for collecting friends' autographs)
This book could be completed over the course of several writing workshop sessions or during independent center time.
This download includes both color and black-and-white versions. Please see the PREVIEW for a look at all 15 pages.
Thank you for interest in this item.
Happy teaching! :)