20 end of year movies that are common core aligned!
Pair 20 of the best educational movies for middle school and high school students with the suggested ELA activities or 38 ELA task cards that cover every reading and writing common core standard!
Make ELA end of the year movie activities common core aligned!
Students practice every single reading literature standard PLUS informational, persuasive and narrative writing prompts while watching movies on the last days of school!
Zip file includes:
- 20 end of the year movie summaries, suggested activities, and 20 movie links to watch the movies for free on YouTube or through a streaming service (PDF)
- 38 "Movies = ELA Test Prep" Task Cards (PDF)
- 38 PowerPoint slides for every "Movies = ELA Test Prep" Task Card (PPTX)
All 38 "Movies = ELA Test Prep" Task Cards include:
- a unique movie-based reading response writing prompt (for paragraphs or essays)
- a 5 point writing checklist and rubric for effortless grading
- a 1/2 brainstorming section for planning
- a 1/2 lined page for students to write a final draft
16 of the 20 movies can be watched for free online, while the other 4 movies are available to rent, buy or stream online (via Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, GooglePlay, etc.)
: Preview all linked videos and articles to determine if the language and images are appropriate for your students as 2 of the 20 videos critique damaging gender stereotypes (including sexualized images and degrading language). Please be sensitive to students who do not view gender as binary by introducing this lesson with a statement like the following: “While today we are talking about male and female gender stereotypes, it is important to note that some people aren’t boys/men or girls/women, they’re just people.” To explain the difference between gender identity and sex assigned at birth, consider reading aloud all or part of GLSEN’s Gender Discussion Guide
NOTE: If your school does not allow YouTube, google search “youtube to MP4” on your home computer and use any of the first sites to instantly convert the included YouTube links to MP4 files to play from your school desktop, SmartBoard, PPT, etc.
Start using this product and see your apathetic, reluctant students transform before your eyes on the last days of school!
Movie-viewing "reading response" prompts perfect for the end of the school year or ANY time of year!
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THE INCLUDED FILMS; IT IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
You may also like :)