Wondering how to capture a year full of exciting events? This end of the year writing assignment is a wonderful tool to assess student writing for different purposes while creating a lasting memory book of their year in 5th grade.
Student reflect on their school year with this fun and engaging writing activity. Using a newspaper format, students write narrative texts describing their school year. Pages include:
- Cover Story: A summary of their favorite memories from the year
- Sports Section; PE or Field Day Fun
- Advice column: Problem solving friendship issues, advice for new students
- Travel Section; students talk about their favorite field trips
- Classified Ads: Ads for classroom jobs
- Advertisements and Comic Strip sections for early finishers
"Graphics &/or fonts copyright Dianne J Hook. www.djinkers.com"
License # 0113180041