Also included in
- Engage your students with these 5 digital activities for Spring! Send students on a digital Easter Egg Hunt, have them stand up for an Earth Day cause, host a poetry celebration during April, design and print Mother's Day cards, and give them a completely editable animal report template to research$16.00$25.00Save $9.00
- This YEAR-LONG bundle currently includes 11 separate Collaborative Activities in Google Slides to use with your students during the year. What are collaborative digital activities? In these products, students all work in ONE Google Slides presentation to share their poetry, sign autographs, New Year$31.00$62.00Save $31.00
- Get $140 worth of free products with our entire year bundle! 50+ activities and resources in Google Slides to use with your 2nd grade students. Back to School activities, agenda slides, vocabulary digital notebook, biography report templates, parent teacher conference slides, graphic organizers, cou$146.00$288.50Save $142.50
- Get $125 worth of FREE products with this entire year bundle! 40+ activities and resources in Google Slides to use with your 3rd grade students. Back to school activities, digital agenda slides, parent teacher conference slides, holidays around the world, graphic organizers, multiplication mystery p$129.00$254.00Save $125.00
Host a virtual or in-class poetry party to celebrate the end of the year or your poetry writing unit. Invite families to listen to students present their poems and celebrate their writing!
1. Choose from 2 Google Slides presentations for your students. One is specifically for Poem in My Pocket and the other can be used however you want!
2. Each student customizes one slide of the presentation with their poem, a photo that describes their poem, and a photo of themselves. They'll decorate their slide with the included doodles and washi tape.
3. Turn it into a party! Customize one of the digital invitations and invite families to join in. Call it a Poetry and Popcorn Party and have families enjoy popcorn while listening to the students. (optional)
4. Project the presentation while students present their poem via video meeting or in-class.
In 2019, I did an in-person poetry party and we invited families come into the classroom. Each student created their slide with their favorite poem they had written during our poetry unit. Students presented their poems while their slide was projected on our whiteboard for parents to see close up. Parents loved the visual of the poem and images and it made it more of a celebration with the background.
In Spring 2020, my class did this virtually via Zoom and I received many parent emails afterwards stating how much they enjoyed it, especially during Covid. I emailed the party invitation to families along with the Zoom link and encouraged them to pop some popcorn to make it even more special. I shared the slideshow on my screen and each student took turns sharing their poem. We clapped an cheered just like in the classroom!
- Poetry Celebration Invitations in Google Slides (3 choices)
- 2 Poetry Slideshow choices
- Poetry Celebration (for any use) Slides presentation
- Poem in My Pocket Slides presentation
- Step-by-Step instructions for hosting a poetry celebration: creating and sharing the invitation with parents, how to customize the student slides, instructions for during the virtual or in-person celebration
NOTE: When you purchase this product, the license can be used for one classroom, not an entire grade level or school. Please purchase multiple licenses if it will be used by more than one teacher. Thank you.
- Kathryn Averkamp - email@example.com
- Google Certified Educator
- Master’s degree in Educational Technology
- Taught each grade K-4 over the past 11 years
- Awarded Teacher of the Year for the 2019-2020 school year
- Click here to get notified when we add new digital resources.
♥ Don't forget you can earn TpT credits by leaving a review after you purchase products.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐More Google Activities ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
All Year Resources
Learn Google Classroom for Teachers
Start mastering Google Classroom and creating interactive Google Slides activities and self-grading assessments in Google Forms. This complete video course will teach you everything you need to know about using Google accounts in your classroom. You’ll get instant access to more than 35 easy-to-follow videos that I created specifically for beginners
• Subtraction with Regrouping Word Problems Review (Topic 6 Envision)
• Google Slides Sharing Projects (Timelines, Family Traditions, Community Workers Current Events)
Beginning of the Year