End of the Year Reading Activity
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you want to keep your academics rigorous but FUN during the last few weeks of school? This is the perfect end of the year bundle for you!The following resources in this bundle include a DIGITAL VERSION and a PRINTABLE version:End of the Year Awards: 115 choices to help you find the perfect optioPrice $15.99Original Price $26.55Save $10.56
Looking for and end of the year reading activity that is rigorous AND fun? THIS is the reading activity for you! Your kids are going to love scouring Mountain View Elementary's Fictional Yearbook to find the hidden answers to 32 questions - practicing key reading skills along the way!
What's included in this end of the year reading activity?
- Fictional Yearbook for 'Mountain View Elementary' (in color or B&W)
- Reading Skill Questions that go with the fictional yearbook (see the 'THREE OPTIONS FOR USE' section below)
- Digital Version in Google Slides
- Answer Key
THREE OPTIONS FOR USE!
- Task Cards: I have included the questions in task card format to use as a scavenger hunt around the classroom. To do this, hang up each of the 32 cards around the room and let students rotate around the room with yearbooks in hand. You can also use the task cards in SCOOT format, with games, and more!
- Printable Page: I have also included the questions in printable format for easier prep. Your students will spend time reading the 8-page yearbook then finding the answers to some tricky (and a few not-too-tricky) questions. All of the answers can be found within the text, but they will need to use text features and clues to find them easily.
- Digital Access: I have also included a digital version of the yearbook with the task card questions at the end with text boxes for students to type their answers! Digital access is via Google Slides
(The questions are the same on the task cards and the printables)
Keep practicing those text features, text structure, comprehension, and vocabulary skills right up until the last day of school with this engaging activity! It is perfect as a whole group activity when used as a scavenger hunt (hang up the task cards all around the room) and in centers.
I have included two versions of the yearbook-- one in full-page format and one with two pages per page. The yearbook prints great in color AND black & white. I recommend printing and laminating to use for years to come or using the digital version!
What are teachers saying about this End of the Year Yearbook Reading Activity:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "This was such a cool activity for the end of the year reading comprehension! It was challenging and we had really great conversations with my 5th graders!” - Kristen D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Thank you so much for this resource. It is challenging and really required my students to search the text. It was "fun" because it was in a yearbook style. I love it and will continue to use it year after year.” - Lauren R.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “This is a fun, unique way to review skills with students. It is great to use in groups or in pairs, especially for 3rd grade!" - Kenzie S.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “What kid doesn't love a yearbook! These activities were great because they were built around something kids already enjoy.” - The Go To Guy
Need more engaging End of the Year ideas? I’ve got you covered!