End of the Year Reading Passages | Summer Theme | Comprehension | May | June
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This pack is a bundle of my seasonal themed reading passages, with comprehension questions. These reading passages and activities are written for early readers, who are developing their reading abilities. Each passage comes with: word work activities, comprehension questions, and statements to encouPrice $24.00Original Price $30.00Save $6.00
This pack includes 30 End of the Year, summer themed decodable reading passages with comprehension questions. These decodable end of the year reading passages and activities are written for early readers, who are developing their reading abilities. Each summer themed reading passage comes with: word work activities, comprehension questions, and statements to encourage and celebrate the work of the reader!
These reading passages are perfect to use during the end of the year and summer months of May, June, and July!
What is the purpose of these passages?
I am a Reader! Passages and Activities are intended to build confidence in early and emergent readers. Students will not only enjoy reading the stories and completing the activities, but also will take pride in their abilities as growing readers! They will also work on developing their comprehension skills when responding to the written questions.
Who are these passages for?
The passages are written for an early reader or emergent reader. The passages and activities work well with Kindergartners. If you have struggling readers in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade, these will work for them as well.
How are these resources used?
This pack is all b&w and ready for you to print and use with your readers!
Once you make copies for your students, you can complete these together in a small group, whole group, or send home for homework.
Students will follow these steps for each reading passage:
- Read the focus words at the top of each page (high frequency words and some challenging words)- this can be done with your help.
- Read the story, applying their decoding skills as they read through the passage.
- Answer the comprehension questions.
- Go back to the text and highlight the focus words, to practice reading them one more time.
I hope your readers love these end of the year reading passages!
Looking for more printable I am a Reader Passages?
Check out all my other themed decodable reading passages packs here!
Check out the holiday themed reading passages packs here:
Check out the seasonal themed reading passages packs here:
Check out my DIGITAL format for all the seasons here!
Check out my DIGITAL format for all the holidays here!