This end of the year activity is all about reflection and fun! Students will be creating a filled with memories and lessons from their school year. First, they’ll complete a guided reflection. They’ll write about highlights, challenges, favorite moments, and lessons they learned during the year. In addition, students will reflect on their own growth and look toward the future. Then, they’ll compile their end of the year reflection into a super fun doodle locker so that they can “lock up their memories.” Students will also design notes and stickers for the front of their doodle locker to highlight special moments during the year. Finally, they’ll add a fun paper lock to their locker so that they can close it up. The end result is a meaningful and fun end of the school year reflection!
As an extension, you can even have students collect autographs and notes from their classmates on the back of their doodle locker.
This Doodle and Do resource includes:
- Detailed Lesson Plans (4 pages)
- Step-by-step assembly directions (with photos)
- Doodle Locker (outside)
- Doodle Locker (inside)
- Guided End of the Year Reflection (2 pages)
- Detailed student directions
- Locker Element – paper lock
- Sample photos of a completed end of the year doodle suitcase
Check out the DOODLE SUITCASE version of this end of the year activity HERE.
More end of the year activities and units…
- Persuasive Writing Unit - - End of Year Writing Unit where students write persuasive advertisements for roller coasters
- Summer Reading Project - Students read any book and create a two-page newspaper
- Listening Comprehension Unit - Based on a nonfiction passage about Malala Yousafzai
- End of Year Gifts - Fun and cost-free gifts for students
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction