How many of you love the book "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss?!? Well, this unit is a perfect writing project for the end of the year that goes with this book! In this unit, you will read and discuss the book and do a writing about the places your students will go. Then, the unit is meant to be kept and given to the students in the future!
You will have two options (you could do one or both!)
1. Opinion Writing- The students write an opinion paragraph about where they believe they will be in the future.
2. Letter Writing- The students write a letter to their future selves.
The unit has:
1. Teacher Guide
2. Read Aloud version of "Oh, the Places You'll Go"
3. Comprehension & Discussion Questions for "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"
4. Writing Process Anchor Charts
5. Opinion Writing Project with the Full Writing Process
6. Letter Writing Project with the Full Writing Process
7. Anchor Charts for Opinion Writing and Letter Writing
9. Drawing (students draw where they are going to be in the future)
10. Note to Parents
If you want all types of genres for writing with mentor texts check out my bundle!
Writing with Mentor Texts Bundle