Also included in
- Develop informational, narrative, persuasive, holiday themed, and opinion writing pieces through high interest mentor texts and writing prompts. There are also writing lessons for each type of writing to keep your teaching in writing engaging and purposeful. Why will these writing units help your st$52.80$66.00Save $13.20
At the end of the year it is hard to engage students in writing. But this project will do just that! Students will write a letter to their future self or write an opinion piece about where they think they will be in the future!
You can chose between two different mentor texts to read and answer questions about before writing! You could even do both!
1. "Oh, the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss
2. "Wherever You Go" by Pat Zietlow Miller
You will have two options for the writing project as well (you could do one or both!)
1. Opinion Writing- The students write an opinion paragraph about where they believe they will be in the future.
2. Letter Writing- The students write a letter to their future selves.
PLUS A DIGITAL VERSION OF ALL OF THIS!
The unit has:
1. Teacher Guide
2. Two choices for read aloud discussion questions
3. Google Drive Version of Everything
4. Writing Process Anchor Charts
5. Opinion Writing Project with the Full Writing Process
6. Letter Writing Project with the Full Writing Process
7. Anchor Charts for Opinion Writing and Letter Writing
9. Drawing Projects
10. Note to Parents
What others are saying?!
Anna- "This was the perfect end of the year resource for my third graders!!"
Buyer- "I loved the integration of such a powerful and important text with writing. Graphic organizers were a plus!"
Mary- "Every single product that you have is amazing!! We used these at the end of last year that I have to buy your beginning of school writing resource!"
If you want all types of genres for writing with mentor texts check out my bundle!