For the end of the year, I usually see yearbooks or memory books of some sort, but I wanted to create something for my students that prepare them for next year, and ultimately for their futures! This portfolio includes an English and Spanish version.
This end-of-year portfolio encourages students grades 2-5 to reflect on their accomplishments and assemble a portfolio that showcases who they are and their best work. Then, on the first day of school next year, they can show their portfolios to their new teacher to help introduce themselves.
Just print and place in a file folder. I also had my students bring in copies of awards they won, tests they did well on, etc. to include in their portfolios.
Included in this file:
- Cover sheet
- All About Me
- My Teacher (with space for you to write a "letter of recommendation" for each student)
- Letter to my Future Teacher (writing assignment)
- My Data (reading levels, words per minute, math data, etc.)
- What I Learned This Year
- My Most Memorable Moment From This Year (writing assignment)
- My Favorite Field Trip (writing assignment)
- My Goals for Next Year
- Who I Want to Be (a student reflection)
- My Best Piece of Writing (then attach their chosen writing piece from the year)
- * PLUS all of the above in Spanish