This endangered animal pack was used for a Geography unit and we found that students were really engaged in researching their chosen endangered animal and presenting their findings back.
This pack would best serve students in grades 3 to 6, due to the research required for this project. We recommend students use the internet or separate animal fact sheets to answer questions on their endangered animal.
This pack covers the following topics for your students:
1. Location of continents and which continent or continents your endangered animal lives in.
2. Unique features of your endangered animal and how these help them to survive.
3. Identifying predators and prey of your endangered animal.
4. Learning the terms herbivores, carnivores and omnivores and identifying which category your endangered animal belongs in.
5. Discover the environmental threats facing your endangered animal.
6. Finding out how many of your endangered animal is currently left on earth.
7. Explaining what is being done to protect your endangered animal.
8. Discussing what would happen if your endangered animal no longer existed.
9. Comparing and contrasting humans with your chosen endangered animal.
Engaging Education is based in Australia, so we have outlined in the product download all of the Australian Curriculum outcomes we believe this pack meets, from grades 3 to 6. However we feel this pack would meet curriculum outcomes in other English speaking countries also.
Thank you for purchasing this product, we hope your students enjoy it.
If you have any queries, please contact us on email@example.com.