The "Endangered Animals Television Commercial" Project allows students to demonstrate their knowledge about endangered animals in a unique way. In small groups or individually, students will select an endangered animal for research.
They will then plan, research, write, and simulate a complete television commercial or public service announcement (PSA) about the animal they have chosen. They will present their commercials to the class. If you have a camcorder handy, this project makes for great fun for recording and sharing at an open house or similar public function!
This is a Common Core-ready research project that would overlap well with the Science and English/Language Arts curricula. It aligns well with the Common Core English/Language Arts anchor standards for writing and speaking.
Included in the packet are: teacher guidelines for pacing and structure, a student assignment sheet, a list of 25 endangered animals students may choose from, a student research log, citation pages for easy documentation of sources, a timeline/checklist to keep students on-task, a rubric for easy grading, and finally a bulletin board extension idea is also available.
Students will find this project challenging and engaging. Let me know how it goes!
If you like this packet, please consider the following educational resources available in my store:
1. 100 Daily Writing Warm-Ups - Short Prompts - Task Cards - Printer-Friendly!
2. 25 Prompts for Narrative and Descriptive Writing - Common Core-aligned
3. Twitter Tales: Writing Haiku, Micropoems & Short Fiction in 140 Characters
4. Lifesavers: Last-Minute Language Arts Lesson Plan Worksheets for Grades 5-8
5. Evaluating Sources for Credibility Lesson Plan + PowerPoint + Student Activities
6. Absolute & Relative Location Assignment: NFL Football Teams + Google Earth Tour!
7. Ancient Civilizations - Egypt - Famous Pharaohs Research Project with Rubric
8. World Cultures Theme Park Map Project - Social Studies/Substitute Lesson
9. Fifty (50) Landforms and Bodies of Water Workbook - Visual Dictionary
10. Create-a-Country Geography Skills Project - SCALABLE
Endangered Animals Television Commercial Research Project
by Christopher Mitchell
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License