*Ending Letter Sound
*PDF in color and black and white (helping teachers save money on color copies :) ).
The student will match final phonemes to graphemes.
Students match final sounds of words to letters while playing a pyramid game.
1. Place final sound picture cards face down in a stack. Provide each student with a different triangle and game pieces.
2. Taking turns, students select the top card from the stack, name the picture and say its final sound (e.g., “shovel, /l/”).
3. Look for letter on triangle that corresponds to final sound (i.e.,“l”).
4. If letter is found, place game piece on that spot and place picture card in a discard pile. If no letter is found which matches, place picture card at the bottom of the stack.
5. Continue until all matches are made.