1. Print out the entire document.
2. Cut out all of the “Word Cards.”
3. Optional: Laminate the word cards and the sorting sheet.
4. Optional: Attach Velcro to the word cards and accordingly on the sorting sheet (5 words per sound).
5. Start with all the word cards in a pile. Have the student distinguish if the “ed” ending makes a “d”, a “t”, or an “ed” sound.
6. Have the student place the card in the appropriate category.
7. You can make this activity self-checking if you’d like by writing the answer on the back of the word card before laminating.
8. HAVE FUN with the “ed” sort!