Literacy Laws are rules to guide young students when learning to read, write, and spell. The activities in this packet are aligned to the Common Core Standards, with emphasis on Literacy: Language.
The Comparative/Superlative Law teaches students to recognize and use these kinds of words, adding -er and -est endings. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of this phonics rule with examples and teaching tips
2. An fun introduction activity
3. A poster/anchor chart to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. An original song for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Callie's Quest" to practice comparative and superlative words
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for partners
8. Three worksheets to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A word search and crossword puzzle for Enrichment
The activities in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Literacy Law packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila