Type your word list once and let the auto filling magic do its work!
These editable files use a clever formatting trick, where you type your words into PDF form fields and they duplicate throughout the file, creating a spelling game. This is a huge time-saver and allows you to cater for the different spelling abilities in your class!
Download the preview PDF file to see how it works!
This resource is a zipped folder containing:
• 15 game themes in four game formats. See the preview file for an idea of the themes and formats. Teach the four game formats to your class and it will become routine. Your class will be able to play the games with their spelling word lists all year round!
• Games for word lists with 2 spelling patterns/rules
• Games for word lists with 3 spelling patterns/rules
• Games for word lists with 4 spelling patterns/rules
• Games for independent play and playing in pairs.
The spelling games are designed to be printer ink friendly. They use simple, clear designs that work well printed in low colour or in black and white on coloured paper. No heavy, full page graphics here!
The spelling games are designed to be easy prep. There are no fiddly bits to cut out - all word cards are aligned so that they can be sliced with a paper guillotine.
Important: you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to use this file. It can be downloaded for free here.
The formatting is designed for words 7 letters and less. The files have been tested on multiple devices and by multiple users. If you have trouble with the file, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can offer assistance.
You might also be interested in:
Bloom's fast finisher task cards
Spelling Choice Board