These endocrine system stations are an interactive way for your high school science students to review endocrine glands, hormones, and their functions! This 17 page packet includes a Day 1 Research Worksheet which students will complete the day before they visit the stations, a Day 2 Station Handout for students to complete as they visit each station, cards for printing and placing at various stations, a Day 3 post-station quiz, and a detailed answer key. Enjoy!
Duration: On the first day, students will complete their research tables (either in class, or as homework). On the second day, students will complete the station activities. Students will work in groups and spend about 12 minutes at each station. Make sure you are timing them, and let them know when it is time to switch stations. It will take the students 48 minutes to complete all of the stations. On the third day, I start class off with a quick post-station quiz.
1) Print the Matching cards on sturdy paper, cut on the lines, shuffle, and place on the Station One table.
2) Students will ask for your signature after they finish a game.
1) 50 mL beakers (2)
2) Gelatin powder packets (each group will use two pinches of powder)
3) Stirring rods (2)
4) A sink
5) Corn oil (each group will need 10 mL)
1) Print out the “Secret Message” cards on sturdy paper, cut on the lines, shuffle them, and place them on the Station Three table.
2) Remind students to quiz each other on the hormone functions if they finish the secret message activity early.
1) Students will ask for your signature after they finish a diagram depicting the endocrine gland locations.
If you enjoy this product, you may also be interested in checking out my Experimental Design Exploration Stations!
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom on Pinterest
I put a considerable amount of effort and pride into each of my products. Let me know what you think in the reviews, and be sure to follow my store for exciting updates. Thanks for your support!