Also included in
- This chemistry card sort activity bundle covers Chemical and Physical Properties, Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures, Classifying Six Types of Chemical Reactions, Development of the Atomic Theory, Gas Laws, Qualitative & Quantitative Data, Radioactive Decay, States of Matter, Significant Figures,$25.00$36.00Save $11.00
Ditch the Worksheet.
Your kids need to practice, but worksheets have them bored to tears. This premium quality Endothermic vs. Exothermic Card Sort provides you and your students endless opportunities for effective practice and review. Just copy, laminate, and cut and these versatile cards will add variety, engagement, and differentiation to your classroom and lessons. The included PowerPoint makes it possible to check whole-class comprehension, have students self-assess, or go over written homework.
Using A Card Sort.
There are a variety of ways to use a card sort:
- —Working in groups, as an introduction to the lesson, students can sort these cards based on their prior experience. Use with or without the Category and Definition cards to change the difficulty of the activity based on your students abilities.
- —After the lesson, use these cards as a way for students to practice.
- —These cards are great any time you feel your students need to review this skill.
- —Whether you play Quiz, Quiz, Trade or a rousing game of trashketball, these cards are the perfect addition.
- Decide whether you are going to print in color or blackline. The cards look great either way.
- Decide how you are going to use the cards. The most economical method is to use in small groups. This allows you to print fewer card decks.
- Print your card decks. If you choose to print in color, white cardstock is recommended. If you print in blackline, I recommend using colored cardstock to make the ink-saving cards stand out.
- Laminating increases the useful life of the cards.
- Cut apart your cards. The card sheets are designed to be printed at 100% on 8 1/2” x 11” paper. You save paper and ink with the economical nine playing card-sized cards per page.
- For an added touch of professional quality, try cutting some corners...literally. An inexpensive round corner punch not only makes the cards look better but makes them easier to handle.
- Whether you use an envelope, a sandwich bag, or a rubber band, store your cards between uses so you have them the next year.
- 18 Color-Rich Cards
- Example Chemical Processes
- Changes of State (x6)
- Generic Equation
- Example Chemical Equation
- Card Sort Activity Sheet and Answer Key
- 18-Slide PowerPoint Show
I offer this card sort free as an example of the quality of card sorts offered in my Chemistry Card Sort BUNDLE. This bundle includes 13 professional-quality chemistry card sorts:
- Chemical and Physical Properties and Changes Card Sort Activity
- Elements Compounds and Mixtures Card Sort Activity
- Classifying Chemical Reactions Card Sort | Types of Reactions Fun Activity
- Development of the Atomic Theory
- Gas Laws
- Qualitative & Quantitative Data
- Radioactive Decay
- States of Matter
- Significant Figures
- Endothermic vs Exothermic
- Chemical Bonds
- Exploring the Periodic Table
- Unit Conversions