Also included in
- Take interactive read aloud time to a whole new level by increasing student engagement and comprehension using Think, Jot, Share booklets and activities. These comprehensive resources make it easy for you to plan, implement, and manage your read aloud focus using the rigorous standards-based questio$19.00$24.00Save $5.00
Take interactive read aloud time to a whole new level by increasing student engagement and comprehension using Think, Jot, Share booklets and activities. This comprehensive resource makes it easy for you to plan, implement, and manage your read aloud focus using the rigorous standards-based questions & activities provided.
The correlating pages of the Think, Jot, Share booklets require mandatory engagement of ALL students as they think about the questions posed, jot their responses, and share their ideas with peers throughout the read aloud. Just select the questions that meet the instructional focus of your lesson, print, and go. Mark your read aloud book with pre-printed sticky notes or bookmarks (your choice) and you're ready to engage your students in meaningful, focused conversations about...
- the characters (traits, feelings, motives, response to events, or how their actions influence events)
- the theme or message of the story
- important vocabulary, figurative language, or author's word choice
- characters' points of view / perspective
- how the illustrations contribute to the meaning of the text
As stated above, you can repurpose this read aloud for multiple lessons using other questions with a different standard focus. These student booklets are also wonderful formative assessments to help monitor student understanding and plan further instruction accordingly. ❤️Questions and activities are also great for scaffolding or differentiating instruction.❤️
Get the BUNDLE for over 20% OFF! Currently, six titles are included.
This resource includes:
- Comprehensive teacher user's guide for planning, implementing, and managing interactive read aloud lessons and booklets to increase student engagement
- Standards-based questioning guide for planning read aloud focus (multiple questions for each literature standard supports your ability to repurpose this story for other lessons with a different focus standard)
- Sticky notes template for printing
- Read aloud questions- organized by standards in sticky note format or bookmark format (your choice)
- Correlating student booklet pages for your read aloud focus
- Anchor Poster- Procedures poster for Think, Jot, Share
- Vocabulary cards with images and definitions (can be used for display or as a matching activity for students)
- Standards-based extension activities for centers, partner, guided group, or independent practice:
✏️ Story Sequencing of Events
✏️ Recounting the Story
✏️ Theme and Message
✏️ Character Analysis Activities (two versions for scaffolding)
✏️ Cause and Effect Activity (two versions for scaffolding)
✏️ Character Point of View Sort
✏️ Vocabulary Application Activity
☕ Answer Keys for activities are included
⭐Questions and activities are intended for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.⭐
See what teachers and students ❤️love❤️ about this Think, Jot, Share series:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Kathy R. wrote: "Love, love, love this resource! Great way to get my students to stop and think about what they are reading. The questions asked for each standard were right on point. Thank you for your hard work."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Carrie B. wrote: "Love this! I appreciate how detailed your directions to implement this are. I love how you geared these activities for this read aloud to older students. The questions are rigorous and based upon the standards, which is amazing. Thank you so much!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Lindsay N. wrote: "I used this during whole group instruction for students to practice identifying the central message, lesson, or moral of a text! I LOVED how the lesson plan included vocabulary cards and graphic organizers to enhance the learning! Thank you!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Ericka H. wrote: "My students enjoyed using this resource while listening to the read-aloud. It was great for differentiation and I very quick and easy to access and print."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Imperfectly Awesome wrote: "This was an AMAZING RESOURCE!!! I used this for my formal observation and got amazing feedback!! The kids also enjoyed doing the Think, Jot, Share!! My principal was amazed with how much they wrote!"
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Follow Me to receive 50% OFF new resources during the first 24 hours of their upload. You will also receive email updates about this store and other resources available on my website.
- Subscribe to my website for engaging teaching ideas and to ❤️receive exclusive freebies.❤️
- Follow me on Instagram for engaging activities and helpful teaching tips.
- Follow me on Pinterest for other teaching ideas.