My students understand energy pretty well. However, they were limited because they did not always see enough examples of each form of energy. They loved sorting these real-life images and also did not mind a few short answer questions. There are 6 images to represent the different forms of energy: radiant, thermal, electrical, mechanical, chemical, and sound.
This packet includes:
One sheet of informational text
States of matter pictures (6 X 6 = 36 photos)
Short Answer Response Sheet
1. Print off informational text for each student.
2. Print off energy pictures. (I like to do this activity in pairs. So I make 15 copies.)
3. Laminate so that you can reuse each year. (You may want to laminate the informational text too.)
4. Print off exploration sheets back to back for each student.
5. Read informational text as a class. Emphasize Key Vocabulary.
6. Group students.
7. Have students sort images and fill out exploration sheets.
8. Give students time to review responses independently before turning in. (Some think better alone.)