This Energy themed activity focuses on retaining vocabulary in an engaging and interactive method. This resource contains 53 cards for use while playing this Taboo-style game. An editable student sheet, editable answer key, and PDF color and B&W versions of the cards are all included in this download. This is a wonderful activity or intervention for your ESL or ELL students. Use this resource as a part of a station activity, review game (whole class or groups), partner work, or in tutorials. The student sheet included can be used for extra practice, an assessment, homework, or a substitute activity. It is fully editable and can be used at the teacher’s discretion. Please view the preview to see all 53 Energy terms that are included in this resource.
SAVE 25%!!! This resource is included in our Science Blitz Bundle.
This resource contains the following:
-Energy Blitz Cards (53 total) - Color and B&W versions
-3 page Student Sheet and Answer Key - PDF and Editable
-Blank editable template to create your own Blitz cards - Color and B&W versions
-Suggestions for use
How to Play
1. Blitz cards should be placed face down in a single stack.
2. Decide which team will start the activity.
3. Set a timer for 1 minute (optional). The team that is starting will choose 1 member from the team to draw a card. This person will be the “clue giver.” The other team members will be the “guessers.”
4. The “clue giver” will be the only person on the team to view the terms on the cards.
5. The “clue giver” will describe the term at the top of the card WITHOUT saying any of the 3 words listed below the key term. A member of the other team is allowed to look at the card to be sure the “clue giver” does not say any of the forbidden words listed. The “clue giver” cannot use sound effects, gestures, or parts of the term on the card as well.
6. Each time the team correctly identifies a term 1 point is earned and the “clue giver” should draw another card. If the “clue giver” says one of the forbidden words, the point for the card goes to the other team. Continue this process until time runs out.
7. At the end of the turn, count up the number of cards that were correctly identified. This is the number of points the team receives for the round. (ex. 4 terms identified = 4 points)
8. Switch turns and follow directions 4-8 for the other team.
The team with the most points after all cards have been used is the winner.
Other products you may like:
Science Interactive Notebook Bundle
Science Card Sort MEGA Bundle
Science Task Card Bundle
Around the Room-Science Circuit Bundle
Science Warm-Up Bundle
© Copyright The Science Duo. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites such as Amazon Inspire. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only.