Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
8.57 MB | 24 pages
We all know that having your students write about their learning increases their understanding of the topic. I use extended responses/open responses in my fourth grade classroom weekly.
I've put together 4 of my extended responses that I use with my little scientists - just for you! :)
The four extended responses included cover:
1. Comparing Kinetic and Potential Energy & Identifying Examples of Each
2. Applying Energy to Rollercoasters
3. Applying Energy to Cars on Ramps
4. Applying Energy to Children on a Playground
Each of the 4 extended responses include:
1. Task Page with Questions
2. (2) Different Answer Pages: 1 page has smaller and fewer lines and the other has larger and more lines
3. Scoring Guide/Rubric
4. Background Information/Sample Answers
*There is also a page of possible learning objectives to use.
NGSS: 4-PS3-1: Use evidence to construct an explanation relating the speed of an object to the energy of that object
This file includes a total of 24 pages. 21 of those are actual pages for you and your students. The other 3 pages are credits and covers.