This resource includes a highly visual 62-slide PowerPoint presentation on the topic of ENERGY.
Pupils will learn:
1. that energy is the capacity or ability to do work (the ability to make matter change)
2. that generally, there are 2 types of energy: potential energy and kinetic energy
3. that there are many forms of potential and kinetic energy including: thermal energy (heat), electromagnetic energy (radiated), sound energy, gravitational potential energy (GPE), elastic potential, chemical energy and electrical energy.
4. that gravitational energy depends on an object's mass and height above the earth's surface
5. that kinetic energy depends on an object's mass and how fast it is moving
6. that energy is transformed from one form to another
7. that a fuel is stored energy, which must be burnt to release the energy
8. Fuel + Oxygen = Energy + Carbon Dioxide + Water + Waste Product
9. that most of the Earth's energy ultimately comes from the Sun
10. that energy sources can be described as either renewable or Non-renewable
11. that Renewable means can be used again or replaced within a Iifetime
12. some advantages and disadvantages of energy sources
13. the need for energy saving with non-renewable energy sources and ultimately with all energy sources
14. to construct an energy transfer diagram
15. to construct an energy flow diagram (Sankey diagram)
16. that energy is conserved in an energy transformation
I hope you find this resource useful. Cheers.