This activity is a fun, hands-on, interactive game that students can play to practice, apply, and learn vocabulary words associated with a lesson on energy.
Vocabulary associated with this game include: electromagnetic energy, radiant/solar energy, mechanical energy, electrical energy, chemical energy, sound energy, wind energy, nuclear energy, thermal energy, biomass energy, hydropower energy, geothermal energy, and fossil fuels.
Domino Game Directions
1. Students place all of the dominos facedown in the middle of the table and shuffle them.
2. Each student takes a turn drawing dominos (1-3 players: 7 dominos each, 4-5 more players: 6 dominos).
3. The student who has the double blank domino plays first.
4. Students take turns playing dominos by matching vocabulary words, definitions, examples, or pictures.
5. If a player cannot play a domino they must pass their turn.
6. The first player to run out of dominos wins!
In addition to this domino game, there is also a supplemental powerpoint and student notes as well as a law of conservation of energy card game that you can purchase using the link below:
Energy Student Notes
Energy Transformations Card Game
You can also purchase all of these at a discounted bundle price!