Energy Interactive Notebook pages suitable for 2nd grade--possibly 1st and 3rd (please check description and thumbnails)
Each page includes all the pieces a student needs to complete the notebook entry. NO teacher cutting/sorting/passing out of little pieces!!!
Each page is set up in the same manner to help promote independence!!
1. 2 notebook covers--Science notebook (in case you want to add other skills to it) and Energy notebook
2. Student contract to ensure they take good care of their notebook
3. Science safety page with writing prompt "Why is it important to follow safety rules?" Includes a pledge and a place to list rules and safety equipment.
4. Energy writing prompt "What is energy? What are some sources of energy?" Includes flaps to write 3 examples of heat, light, and sound.
5. Heat writing prompt "What is a heat? How can heat change objects ? What does heat do to a marshmallow?" Also has ice cream flap with question and a large sun to write sources of heat between the rays.
6. Light writing prompt "What is light? What are some sources of light?" Includes flaps with transparent, translucent, and opaque kid friendly definitions. Students will glue cellophane (I used cut pieces of ziplock bags), wax paper, and aluminum foil over each scientist to demonstrate the definition.
7. Sound writing prompt "What is sound? What is pitch?" Students will identify soft and loud volume and high and low pitch.
You might also like:
Matter Interactive Notebook
Citizenship and Government Interactive Notebook
Place Value Interactive Notebook