· I can differentiate between resources, how we use energy, and sources of energy
· I can explain what energy enables us to do
· I can develop an argument for the positives and negatives of each type of energy resources
· Energy resources lab sheet
· Computer for research or presentation material
· Links or downloads of energy type commercials on YouTube or energy company websites
When students learn about where energy comes from, what we use it for, and the effects it has on our planet then they can be conscious on how to conserve it and our world.
Students will research and discuss 7 different sources of energy (Fossil fuels, wind, biomass, nuclear power, solar, geothermal, Hydropower, and natural gas). Students will also research the positive and negative aspects of each source. Students utilize this knowledge to present reasons why US states or even country pick which energy source they will use for their community.
Here are some links to you tube commercials that you can use while students look into each one.
I could not find any good ones. There are short videos about how hydropower works
Good Recycle/ Conversation clips