Energy and Objects Close Reading and Labs NGSS 4-PS3-1 and 4-PS3-3
Also included in
- This NGSS Bundle for 4th grade will provide your students with a year's worth of engaging science lessons, readings, worksheets, slideshows, labs, games, and more! Fourth-grade students will love these NGSS aligned activities! You Save 20% by purchasing them here together. These resources are specifPrice $85.35Original Price $106.69Save $21.34
- This is a physical science unit addressing the NGSS standards for 4th-grade physical science. This resource includes lesson plans, informational text articles, slide shows, response pages, and interactive notebook inserts. The lessons within these units are aligned with NGSS for 4th-grade physical sPrice $35.52Original Price $44.40Save $8.88
- This fourth-grade NGSS science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS. It also includes fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this Huge fourth-grade NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and morPrice $137.51Original Price $171.89Save $34.38
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of rPrice $101.39Original Price $126.74Save $25.35
Students will use evidence to construct an explanation relating the speed of an object to the energy of that object. Students will ask questions and predict outcomes when objects collide.
Energy and Objects: Students will learn about energy and objects through activities such as building a roller coaster. They will construct an explanation relating to the speed of an object and what happens when an object collides. They will make a ping pong ball launcher and design their own investigation using pennies and marbles in which they will ask questions to predict what happens when objects collide. This resource uses phenomena.
This resource includes:
- an informational text passage
- response pages
- hands-on activities
- follow-up pages
- interactive notebook flaps
- lesson plans
***I have a companion resource on colliding objects that you may like. ***
This resource addresses NGSS Energy standards for 4th grade:
NGSS 4-PS3-1. Use evidence to construct an explanation relating the speed of an object to the energy of that object.
NGSS 4-PS3-3 Ask questions and predict outcomes about the changes in energy that occur when objects collide.
Also aligned with Utah SEEd
Utah SEEd 4.2.1
Construct an explanation using evidence to describe the cause and effect relationship between the speed of an object and the energy of that object. Examples could include a vehicle with more energy moves faster and a ball that is kicked harder travels a greater distance.
Utah SEEd 4.2.2
Ask questions and predict outcomes about the changes in energy that occur when objects collide. Examples could include changes in speed when one moving ball collides with another and transfer of energy when a toy car hits a wall.
Students will use evidence to construct an explanation relating to the speed of an object to the energy of that object. Students will ask questions and predict outcomes when objects collide.
Students will learn about the relationship between the speed of an object and the energy of the object. They will also learn about energy when objects collide.
Three hands-on Activities are Included: Making roller coasters, colliding objects, and making ping pong ball launchers.
Science Topics Addressed Include:
Speed and Energy
Science and Engineering Practices Include:
Developing and using models
Planning and carrying out investigations
Analyzing and interpreting data
Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
Engaging in argument from evidence
Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
For NGSS 4th Grade
Next Generation Science Standards
Please leave feedback. Feedback provides valuable information to the author AND earns you TPT Credit that you can use to purchase more resources!
By Lynda R. Williams
Visit my blog
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see my other resources for third-grade science:
This resource is also available in this larger bundle with a 20% Discount! 4th Grade Bundle at 20% Savings
Please see my other resources: