“How is it that for most people music is a powerful part of their personal life and yet when we go to work or school we turn it off? The intentional use of music in the classroom will set the scene and learning atmosphere to enhance our teaching and learning activities. Plus, using music for learning makes the process much more fun and interesting! Music, one of the joys of life, can be one of the joys of learning as well.”
Chris Brewer, “Music and Learning”
Music can be used so effectively in the teaching of topics and themes. Children love to sing! These ten songs on the theme of “Energy and the Environment” cover so many different kinds of energy. They have been “tried and tested” on my own pupils and they seem to really enjoy them! I hope your pupils do too!
There are some teaching notes and guidelines included in the PDF document which provide some useful advice.
The zip file contains:
1. A PDF of all the music sheets for the songs
2. An mp3 vocal backing track
3. An mp3 piano backing track (no vocal)
4. A PowerPoint of all the songs. This contains all the lyrics plus illustrations – great if you are able to put them up on a whiteboard/smartboard!
5. A Word file containing the lyrics.
The songs are:
2. “Oil Rigs
3. “Seed Dispersal”
4. “Persley Waste Water Treatment Works”
5. “The Wind”
6. “Clouds (Water Cycle)”
7. “Finite Fuel”
8. “Recycle It!”
10. “All Kinds Of Energy”