This resource supports the Engage New York Grade 3 ELA Module 1. It also works well as a stand alone resource.
What’s included in this pack:
1. A page by page guide to close reading of the text That Book Woman by Heather Henson. This includes before, during, and after reading discussions.
2. A student sheet for writing in response to reading.- focus on how the character changes and who/what contributes to that change.
3. A student question sheet on theme and point of view.
4. A student question sheet focusing on finding text evidence.
5. Ten Tier Two vocabulary words picked carefully from the text.
6.A vocabulary game.
7. A completed vocabulary chart which is meant to be written on chart paper and filled in as the story progresses.
8. A blank student copy of the chart.
9. Four different vocabulary graphic organizers – four teachers editions with vocabulary words already filled in with ideas on how to use.
10. The same four organizers.- blank for copying for your students.
11. A vocabulary quiz to give as an ending assessment.