This resource is a Close Reading and Vocabulary Pack for the Engage NY Module 1 book - The Librarian of Basra by Jeanette Winter
What’s included in this 18 page pack:
1. A page by page guide to close reading of the text. This includes before, during, and after reading discussions.
2. A student sheet for writing in response to reading.- focus on character traits and theme.
3. A student sheet for retelling – using B, M, E., focusing on how the city changes from the beginning of the story.
4. Five Tier Two vocabulary words picked carefully from the text.
5. A vocabulary “HeadBanz” game.
6. A completed vocabulary chart which is meant to be written on chart paper and filled in as the story progresses.
7. A blank student copy of the chart.
8. Four different vocabulary graphic organizers – four teachers editions with vocabulary words already filled in with ideas on how to use.
9. The same four organizers.- blank for copying for your students.
10. A vocabulary quiz to give as an ending assessment.