This resource supports the Engage NY Module 4, but can definitely be used on it's own.
This pack uses the text One Well: The Story of Water on Earth by Rochelle Strauss.
1. An explanation of how to teach students to "Get the Gist" or main idea of nonfiction texts.
2. Suggested lesson structure.
3. Page by page students sheets that support students in finding the gist of each section.
4. Sixteen Tier Two vocabulary words picked carefully from the text.
5. Student sheets with text dependent questions that incorporate new vocabulary and support close reading of the text
6. A vocabulary Matching game.
7. A completed vocabulary chart which is meant to be written on chart paper and filled in as the story progresses.
8. A blank student copy of the chart.
9.Four different vocabulary graphic organizers – four teachers editions with vocabulary words already filled in with ideas on how to use.
10.The same four organizers.- blank for copying for your students.
11. A vocabulary quiz to give as an ending assessment.