This is a free sample from a product with 30+ class engagement strategies that involves every student. Use this Socratic Seminar Discussion Activity to IMMEDIATELY increase engagement in class, where the students actively participate in thinking, talking, reading, and writing.
In the Socratic Seminar, an inner circle of students discusses a text, while an outer circle closely observes the discussion.
This engagement/active participation strategy includes the following:
* Brief Description
* Teacher Instructions
* Student Directions - Visual and Written [READY TO PROJECT ON SCREEN]
* Handout: Seminar Preparation Sheet
* Handout: Student Observation Sheet
* "We have been using Socratic seminars in senior years and were discussing how to adapt it for the junior years... and you have done all the work for me. Thank you so much for this incredibly timely and useful resource!"
* "Nicely organized with very clear instructions -- thanks!"
*** This FREEBIE is a sample from this FULLY-EDITABLE product:
Reading Task Cards - Available for Grades 6-10:
Reading Graphic Organizers - Available for Grades 6-10: