After teaching EngageNY math in first grade for two years, I decided to rewrite the lessons to make them more manageable and teacher friendly. I took out the Application Problem and did those during my calendar time each day. I also removed the Fluency Practice and used those for transition activities. This is what I was left with. The entire year worth of EngageNY first grade math in a condensed, easy to read, teacher friendly format.
Here is what you will receive in this download:
• An entire year of EngageNY first grade math lessons rewritten and condensed. (Some lessons were removed due to not needing them, the lessons not meeting any Common Core Standards, etc. There are still enough lessons to teach the entire year and all the skills.)
• Additional lessons to fill in gaps where EngageNY did not meet the needs of my students completely.
• Modified assessments that are shorter and more concise for students.
• Practice assessments before each assessment to get students ready for the demands of the test.
• All the Problem Set Pages (about 5% of these were minimally altered, most are the same).
• A list of all the objectives starting with the acronym TLW (the learner will) that can be displayed each day.
• One week of first grade NWEA math test prep lessons.
These lessons were developed from 2014-2016. They were an ongoing work in progress and are NOT PERFECT. You will find many spelling and grammar errors and things you will want to fix and change. All documents are fully editable in MS Word.
I am not teaching this curriculum anymore, so I will not be adding to or fine tuning this product. I am offering this at a very low price as a starting point for anyone else looking to simplify this curriculum for their own use.