*Newly updated 10-6-12 with fresh colors, different homework options, and option of using and testing on review words from previous tests instead of high frequency words*
Looking to revamp your spelling program this year and make it more engaging and interactive for your kids? I've noticed over the years that vocabulary is one of the main weaknesses of our students today... so let's engage them with literacy!
* Note: This package does not contain weekly spelling lists for you to use. This is more versatile for grade level and your choice of spelling curriculum. This package will work with any program or basal that you are currently using!
In this product you will find:
* An overview
* Instructions throughout on how to use the many aspects of this program
* Step by Step suggestions on how to run this spelling program
* 12 sets of 100 high frequency words from 1st grade level to 5th+ to use within the structure of the program of engaging student knowledge of basic words in 90% of daily writing as well as 12 sets of blanks to test students on these words.
* Weekly Take home packet with cover sheet, two options of tic-tac-toe activity and a blank tic-tac-toe activity sheet, and weekly words sheet, plus a spelling quad sheet for one of the activities.
* Learning in Progress Sheet
* Spelling Test divided by the critical sections
* Suggestions on how to set up the spelling folder
* 10 different colorful covers that can be used on the spelling folder
So basically, what is this all about?
Spelling will be centered around word knowledge and context clues. You will be utilizing two different word lists to accommodate student strengths and weaknesses based on a pretest. You will also be focusing on challenge words and high frequency words to stretch thinking and bring acknowledgement to words around them and in daily writing.
Let's make this year a literacy year!