This is a compilation of activities that help students build their understanding of common, proper, plural, and possessive nouns. The activities move beyond basic worksheets and consist of more creative ways to build their understanding. This file contains a menu of all six activities, direction sheets, activity cards, and a teacher information sheet.
The activities include:
1. Noun Sort: Students sort noun cards into groups: common, proper, plural, and possessive.
2. Common and Proper Noun Match: Students match common nouns and proper nouns that go together. For example, sandwich and Big Mac
3. Noun Informational Book: Students create an informational book about common, proper, plural, and possessive nouns.
4. Noun Scavenger Hunt: Students find common, proper, plural, and possessive nouns in their own independent reading books or in teacher-selected books.
5. Noun Shape Poem: Students choose a common or proper noun and create a shape poem to describe the noun.
6. Noun Collage: Students create a collage of common, proper, plural, and possessive nouns.
My students have completed these activities, and they have always been a big hit! :-)