This file contains slides for the folk song Engine, Engine. This song helps introduce So and Mi (kodaly).
***Please note that the words may be different than the rendition you know.***
Hardest Rhythmic Concept: ta, ti-ti
Hardest Melodic Concept: m s
I have included a copy of the song in case it is not one from your folk song collection.
This will help you:
- Prepare, present, and practice "so-mi"
- Prepare, present, and practice reading so-mi on the staff (lines & spaces)
- Practice ta & ti-ti
- Icons for melody with pictures high and low
- Practice slides to recognize errors in the song (with high and low)
- Music Street with m s
- Hand signs for m s
- Icons for melody with m s
- Icons on the staff (once with mi and so on the line and once in the space)
- Standard notation on the staff (once with mi and so on the line and once in the space)
- Printable student beat chart
- Printable student melody chart (showing the music going up and down with solfege)
Need a sample of what my song files look like? Here is a short freebie that will give you an idea of my work quality.
Follow me on Facebook for Fan Freebies and Specials
Get more music teaching ideas by reading my blog - Making Music Memories
created by Making Music Memories, Brittany De Laruelle, Brittany Ward