Are you looking to engage your students in hands on learning while addressing the CCSS in Language Arts, Writing, Language Development, and Science? Then this is the unit for you!
This is an integrated thematic unit focused on engineering and bridge design that allows students to dig deeply into their learning and experience engineering and design first hand.
This unit takes about a month to complete, and is most effective if incorporated into all aspects of the students' day.
Included in this unit are:
- Pre/Post Assessments
- Standard Correlation
- Suggested Unit Plan
- Lead Up Activities and Book Recommendations
- Engineering Economy
- English Language Development Ideas
- English Language Development Activities
- Non-Fiction Close Reading Passages, Questions, and Answer Keys
- STEM Activity- Bridge Building
- Famous World Bridges Research Paper
Your students will find themselves wrapped up in the wonderful world of bridges in this unit! Give it a try!
As always, I would love it if you'd leave feedback on this product for other teachers.