Engineering and STEM Careers - Research Project, Lesson Plan, and Activities
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Introducing middle school students to the engineering design process can be tricky! This complete unit will engage your students and help them master the engineering design process while having lots of fun! The bundle includes over 200 pages of resources that can be used individually where they bestPrice $26.52Original Price $33.10Save $6.58
Teaching students about exciting STEM careers is one of the most important things we can do to inspire our next generation of scientists and engineers! But, what does it mean to have a career in STEM? What are some STEM career examples? You can answer these questions and more with this multi-day research project.
In this project, students meet science, reading, and writing standards as they research an engineering career of their choice and create a job advertisement for the career. Finally, students present their work in a gallery walk activity and complete an independent reflection.
This assignment is independent and low-prep. The research project can be used for teacher-led lessons, but this resource also makes a great distance learning activity, STEM sub plan, holiday break packet, or extra credit assignment. Grab this activity today to save your planning and prep time, while knowing your students will be engaged and inspired while learning about STEM careers!
What’s included in the STEM Careers Research Project?
- Printable PDF, Google, and Easel versions of the student activities and worksheets
- A webquest that guides students to choose and research a STEM career
- Detailed guidelines and templates for the “Help Wanted” job advertisement project
- A graphic organizer for capturing student learning during the Gallery Walk activity
- An independent reflection worksheet to be completed at the end of the project
- Embedded links to quality background research websites
- Detailed teacher notes for easy facilitation
- An easy-to-use grading rubric
- Printed or digital copies of the student worksheets
- Devices with internet access for online research
- Art supplies for the poster project (optional)
What are other teachers saying?
"This resource has been extremely helpful. Well organized with links, I was able to assign it to my classes with little to no additional preparation. Well worth the money/expense if you’re looking for a STEM career project."
"Love this for my STEM-loving students. And, good for getting my reluctant ones interested."
"This gave my students a chance to learn about engineering careers in an engaging way. They enjoyed coming up with their own business!"
"I used this during school closure in Ohio. It was a great resource. The kids liked the guidance and I loved the ease of use!"
How can the STEM Careers Project be used in your classroom?
- A week of study focused on exposing your students to awesome STEM careers
- An introduction to STEM
- An activity for getting student buy-in and showing students why your class is important
- Leave the project for an engaging and low-prep STEM sub plan
- Provide an extension activity for early finishers
- Assign the project for extra credit, homework, or a holiday break packet
- Use the lessons in virtual learning
- Inspire your students to pursue further STEM education
Did you know you can earn credit towards future TPT purchases by leaving a review? If you download this product, please come back and leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TPT
If you liked this product, check out:
Let’s stay in touch!
If you have any questions about this product or my store, please send me an email. I’d love to hear from you! Follow me on TPT to learn about new products, sales, and freebies!