English 9 Lesson Plans: One Year of Lesson Plans and Activities
These fifteen pages contain an outline of how to teach English 9 or language arts freshmen. If you teach eighth or tenth grade ELA, these lessons can also give you a starting point.
Outlined in 36 week, these free lesson plans walk you through the literature, grammar, and writing portions of your classes. Included in the details are vocabulary, public speaking, nonfiction, and other areas of study.
Please switch, delete, and add what will work for your English 9 students. These should be a start to your lesson plans and provide a starting block for your lessons.
Freshmen Language Arts Tools:
• Writing Bundle for Freshmen and Sophomores
• Parts of a Sentence Bundle: Pretest, Powerpoint, Scaffolded Practice, and More
• Nonfiction Unit: Five Nonfiction Articles with Reading Responses
• Freshmen English: Eighth Grade Review
• Eighth, Ninth, & Tenth Grade Mentor Sentences Grammar & Vocabulary
• Eighth, Ninth & Tenth Grade Writing Prompts Argumentative, Narrative, Informative
A Couple Tips:
• Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
• By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.